Brushing and flossing every day is a vital step in improving your oral health, but it is just as important to keep your smile safe from hazards that seek to destroy your precious smile. Listed below are important facts regarding tooth hazard prevention for optimal oral hygiene:
– Although mouth jewelry such as lip and tongue rings may seem chic, it can lead to oral accidents such as torn gum tissue and cracked teeth.
– Wearing safety equipment such as mouth guards and face masks can often be the difference between minor discomfort and a serious oral accident.
– Never use your mouth as a can opener, or an oral accident may transpire.
– Be careful when biting into any foods, as some products can easily chip, crack, or break your teeth if bitten into too hard.
– Not all oral accidents are visible, as some damage can happen on a microscopic level.
– Grinding your teeth on your nails or pens can damage your teeth and gums.
No matter which tooth hazard service you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can provide. If you would like Dr. William G. Kaylakie and our team at William G. Kaylakie DMD to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for you, please contact our dentist office in Austin, Texas, by calling us at 512-794-2822. Contact us for a brighter whiter smile today!