One of the most popular forms of tooth restoration available today is that of dental crowns. Dental crowns are caps that are placed on top of existing teeth to conceal a flawed tooth and prevent further damage from occurring. Not only will your tooth be better protected from outside forces, but it will also look better too. Listed below are some tips on how dental crowns can protect your teeth:
– Dental crowns can defend weakened, damaged, and decayed teeth from further harm.
– Weak teeth that are cracked and fractured can be held together with dental crowns.
– If you have a dental filling when there is not enough tooth left or the remaining tooth is not strong enough to support the filling, dental crowns can be used to cover the enduring tooth for support.
– Dental crowns can be used to hold, protect, or cover other cosmetic dentistry procedures such as dental bridges, dental implants, and root canals.
– In some cases, dental crowns can be used when the destruction to a tooth is so severe that other cosmetic modifications such as veneers are just not possible.
– It is possible that with proper care and support, a dental crown can last a lifetime, but on average they will remain strong for at least ten to twenty years.
If you would like to visit our dentist office in Austin, Texas, for a dental exam, please schedule an appointment with Dr. William G. Kaylakie and our team at William G. Kaylakie DMD by calling us at 512-831-5887, and speaking with a member of our team. Come on in to get your new smile today!