Do you think of your diet when you think about your oral health? If not, maybe you should. Your food plays an essential role in your oral health, which is why our dentist, Dr. William G. Kaylakie in Austin, Texas, is here to provide you a list of tips to help your oral health through your diet:
Foods You Should Avoid
– You can fracture your tooth enamel by biting into products that are too hard.
– Sticky and chewy snack can be difficult to wash away.
– Plaque can use carbs to eat through your tooth enamel.
– Lodged foods refer to foods that can easily get stuck between teeth and pose oral health risk factors.
– Plaque can convert sugars into harmful acids that will eat through your tooth enamel.
Foods Healthy for Your Smile
– Products with loads of water produce additional saliva.
– Minerals like calcium and phosphorus can improve tooth enamel strength.
– Saliva is important for your oral health care. Crunchy foods can help produce additional saliva.
Your diet is connected to both your oral health and your overall health. That is why it is important to consider these tips about your diet and how it can improve your oral health too. If you have questions about your oral health and would like to see a dentist with William G. Kaylakie DMD, please call us at 512-831-5887 to schedule a consultation today.